Let Others Know: Study Questions
Read the following section from Mark chapter 16 and answer
Jesusí Last Commands to His Followers
Jesus appeared to His eleven followers later as they sat to eat a meal. He rebuked them for their unbelief and the doubts they kept in their hearts, because they did not believe the people who saw Him after He was brought back to life from death. He said to them, "Go to all the world, and preach the good news to everyone. The person who believes and is baptized will be forgiven, but the one who does not believe will be condemned. These signs will be with the people who believe. They will order evil spirits to leave in My name. They will speak languages they have not learned. They will hold snakes, and they will not be harmed if they drink things that usually harm or kill people. They will put their hands on people who are sick and the sick people will be healed."
Then the Lord Jesus was taken up into heaven after He spoke to them, and He sat at the right side of God. His followers went out and preached everywhere. The Lord worked with them, and proved His message was true because of the signs that followed the message.
1) What does Jesus command His followers to do?
2) What will happen to the person who believes the Good News and is baptized?
3) What will happen to the person who does not believe the Good News?
4) What did Jesusí followers do after Jesus was taken up into heaven?
5) Who worked with Jesusí followers when they preached and how was the message proven?
[We suggest you also read chapters 13 through 16 of Mark today. It should only take you between 10 and 15 minutes.]